REAL EXERCISE FOR REAL PEOPLE
What is "Classical Pilates"?
Joseph Pilates, the creator of Pilates, called his new form of exercise and rehabilitation “Contrology.” This is what he said about it in 1945, "Contrology (Pilates) develops the body uniformly, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind, and elevates the spirit."
"Classical Pilates" is the authentic method and most closely follows his guidelines to improve physical ability, including:
I teach a vigorous, full-body workout, custom tailored to each of my clients. I follow the Pilates system while considering each person's individual needs.
Classical Pilates strengthens, stretches and tones your body as a whole instead of only focusing on separate parts. Using the Original Gratz Pilates apparatus, your body learns how to flow while moving. Gratz equipment assists you in building a strong body, and you develop a strong and flexible spine for healthy, efficient movement. You become more flexible as well as stronger.
Who benefits from the Classical Pilates system?
- People with stiff, achy backs to build strength in core muscles to help alleviate pain and stiffness.
- Older adults who want to improve balance and joint range of motion.
- Those wanting to strengthen their bodies and core after being released from physical therapy or chiropractic care.
- Runners, cyclists, skiers, and swimmers to reduce risk of injury and improve performance.
- Golfers and tennis players to improve game and reduce risk of injury.
- New moms to gain overall strength after pregnancy.
- Anyone wanting a tough, sweaty workout!
“Corrective exercise is the only way to build a beautiful, strong, youthful body.” Joseph Pilates